JOLI Medispa provides the most effective, science-backed dermal fillers in Covington and Mandeville to reverse the signs of aging, such as fine lines, skin laxity, and loss of facial volume. Our dermal filler collection includes Juvéderm, Radiesse, Belotero, Restylane, and Versa — each filler addresses a different set of skin concerns and goals.
Please contact our aesthetic injectors to discuss your options in Covington and Mandeville, LA, today.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are safe, non-invasive means of combating the effects of age on your skin. They inject biocompatible and naturally occurring components into your facial tissues. These ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, function like real skin tissues. They fill the depressions, scars, and fine lines while restoring lost facial volume.
In fact, dermal fillers are so effective that a combination of multiple fillers can essentially substitute facelift surgeries. By injecting specifically chosen dermal fillers into targeted facial tissues, our aesthetic injectors can enhance your innate beauty and reverse the signs of aging. Unlike neurotoxins, the results appear immediately and last for 6 to 12 months.
Dermal Fillers Treat…
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Nasolabial folds running from the sides of the nose to the mouth
- Marionette lines running from the corners of the mouth to the chin
- Perioral lines, aka lipstick lines, around the mouth
- Glabellar lines, aka frown lines, between the eyebrows
- Sunken cheeks due to the loss of facial volume
- Loss of definition in the chin and jawline
No Pillow Face
Our cosmetic injectors calibrate each treatment according to your unique goals and concerns. They select the ideal formulation(s) and dosage necessary to ensure subtle results that betray no traces of cosmetic work. As such, there’s no risk of the dreaded “pillow face” aesthetic with our dermal fillers in Covington and Mandeville.
Treating the Root Cause, Not Just the Symptoms
JOLI Medispa believes in treating the root cause of your cosmetic concerns rather than just the symptoms. To understand how dermal fillers work, you must understand the basics of skin care and aging.
When you’re young, your skin appears soft, supple, and smooth because of three essential components — hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin.
- Collagen and elastin are the structural components of your skin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that holds your skin upright, preventing facial sagging caused by gravity. It also makes your skin feel elastic, voluminous, and firm.
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring gel that makes your skin appear soft, supple, and hydrated. It can bind up to 1,000x its own weight in water, making your skin appear dewy and voluminous.
As you grow older, your body’s ability to produce or retain collagen and hyaluronic acid is compromised. As your skin’s hyaluronic acid and collagen reserves fall, your skin appears sunken, wrinkled, and old.
Dermal fillers reverse the signs of aging by restoring your skin’s hyaluronic acid and collagen reserves. Some fillers inject synthetic hyaluronic acid to provide instant results. Others gradually encourage collagen production to restore youthful skin.
Juvéderm, Radiesse, Belotero, Restylane, & Versa: The Differences
Juvéderm, Belotero, Restylane, and Versa are hyaluronic acid fillers. They inject synthetic hyaluronic acid molecules underneath facial tissues to restore facial volume, fill fine lines and wrinkles, and soften nasolabial folds and laugh lines. However, each filler has a unique consistency and formulation, making them suitable for different areas.
Radiesse is a collagen induction filler made of calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) gel microspheres. Initially, this filler works just like hyaluronic acid fillers — it restores facial volume and fills fine lines. However, over time, it encourages your body to produce new collagen fibers. This ensures long-lasting results that persist after the CaHA is absorbed.
Each dermal filler is specifically formulated for different treatment areas. Some areas need large hyaluronic acid molecules, whereas others need finer molecules. As such, the cosmetic injector must select the ideal filler for your targeted goals to ensure natural results.
Different dermal fillers last for different periods. Hyaluronic acid fillers generally last for 6 to 12 months, depending on the treatment area, formulation, and lifestyle. Radiesse results may last longer because the newly-produced collagen fibers eventually take over the CaHA molecules.
The Treatment & Recovery Process
Treatment with dermal fillers in Covington and Mandeville are painless, quick, and comfortable. The cosmetic provider assesses your goals and needs to curate the ideal treatment plan. After numbing your skin with topical anesthesia, they inject the chosen formulations into your facial tissues using ultrafine needles.
- Side Effects: You may experience mild redness, swelling, discomfort, and irritation around the treatment areas for a few days.
- Downtime: Dermal fillers don’t involve any downtime — you may resume your daily activities immediately. However, you should avoid strenuous workouts for about 4 hours.
- Onset of Results: Dermal fillers produce instant results — your face will look smoother, softer, and younger within minutes.
- Longevity: Dermal fillers generally last for 6 to 12 months with optimal treatment, though some may last longer. Please discuss your treatment’s longevity with your provider.
Contact our Aesthetic Artists Today
JOLI Medispa is a luxurious medical spa where cosmetic science meets artistic integrity. Our cosmetic injectors are certified professionals with keen artistic sensibilities. In their hands, dermal fillers and injectables are paintbrushes with which they help you achieve your desired goals. We consistently provide natural, anti-aging results without a trace of cosmetic work.
Please schedule an appointment with our injectors for dermal fillers in Covington and Mandeville, LA, today.