In recent years, microneedling with PRP, also known as “vampire facial,” has become an incredibly popular skin rejuvenation technique. This treatment reverses the signs of aging, improves overall facial complexion, and erases the signs of skin damage, such as scars and pigmentation problems. The results are smooth, even-textured, and glowing skin.
JOLI Medispa is proud to offer microneedling with PRP (vampire facial) in Covington and Mandeville, LA.
What is Vampire Facial?
“Vampire facial” is the popular term used to describe one of the most effective skin rejuvenation techniques — microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. This skin rejuvenation technique combines microneedling with PRP therapy to encourage skin cell regeneration, collagen production, and overall complexion improvements. The results are smoother, firmer, even-textured, and glowing skin.
Microneedling with PRP Treats…
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Deep facial lines and folds
- Skin laxity and sagging
- Enlarged, congested pores
- Acne scarring
- Textural irregularities
The Components of Vampire Facial
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, involves making microchannels on the skin’s surface with a specialized device. The microchannels only penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin, causing no harsh side effects or discomfort. However, your body responds to the micro-injuries by boosting collagen production and skin cell regeneration, which, in turn, makes your skin appear smooth, even-textured, and youthful.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a component derived from a small sample of your blood. PRP is the part of your blood with the highest concentration of growth factors, such as epidermal growth factors, vascular endothelial growth factors, epithelial growth factors, etc. These components are responsible for your body’s natural healing processes. When injected in targeted areas, they encourage skin cell regeneration to reverse the skin damage and flaws.
The Treatment & Recovery Process
Your microneedling treatment with PRP (vampire facial) in Covington and Mandeville starts with a thorough evaluation. The cosmetic provider carefully examines your skin quality, discusses your goals and concerns, and curates the ideal treatment plan.
After numbing your skin, the provider draws a small sample of blood from your arm. The blood sample is placed in a centrifuge and processed, isolating the PRPs from the other components. Meanwhile, the cosmetic provider performs microneedling on the treatment areas — the device is moved over your skin to produce micro-injuries. Finally, the cosmetic provider gives you a facial with the PRP gel.
- Side Effects: You may experience mild redness, swelling, irritation, and discomfort in the treatment areas for a few days. Since it’s an autologous treatment, there’s no risk of allergic reactions.
- Downtime: You can resume your daily activities and work immediately. However, some patients opt for the treatment on Fridays, so the side effects can recede in time for work.
- Onset of Results: The results will gradually appear after a week — your skin will look glowing, smooth, even-textured, and radiant. The results will continue improving over several weeks as your body produces more collagen.
- Longevity: Everyone has a different experience, but your results may start fading after 12 to 24 months. For optimal results, a series of three treatments, 6 weeks apart, is recommended.
Contact our Aesthetic Artists Today
JOLI Medispa is a state-of-the-art medical spa specializing in the latest non-surgical skin rejuvenation techniques. Our aesthetic artists trace the root cause of your individual skin concerns and curate personalized treatments to ensure natural, anti-aging results. Each treatment plan is individually designed just for you.
Please schedule an appointment to discuss your options for vampire facials in Covington and Mandeville, LA.