JOLI MediSpa provides the most effective, clinically proven wrinkle relaxers to reverse the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. You may have heard of Botox, one of the most popular injectables for wrinkle relaxation. We provide Botox and other suitable alternatives, such as Xeomin and Jeuveau, to address the root cause of wrinkles and ensure natural, anti-aging results.
If you’re seeking wrinkle treatment in Covington, LA, please contact JOLI Medispa today.
What are Wrinkle Relaxers?
Wrinkle relaxers are cosmetic injectables that soften the prominent age-related expression lines on your face. When injected into strategically targeted facial tissues, neurotoxins minimize the contracture of facial muscles responsible for your expression lines, such as forehead lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, and others. The results usually appear in a few days and last for several months.
Wrinkle Relaxers Treat…
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows (frown lines, angry elevens, or glabellar lines)
- Wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Lines around the lips (perioral lines, lipstick lines, or smoker’s lines)
- Lines around the nose bridge (bunny lines)
- Vertical bands on the neck
Treating the Root Cause of Wrinkles
JOLI Medispa believes in treating the root cause, not just the symptoms. To understand how wrinkle relaxers work, you must understand how wrinkles are formed.
There are two types of wrinkles — static wrinkles and dynamic wrinkles.
- Static wrinkles are formed due to the gradual, age-related loss of collagen and elastin from the skin. Collagen and elastin maintain your skin’s elasticity and firmness. As your body’s collagen reserves decrease, your face develops fine lines and wrinkles due to sagging.
- Dynamic wrinkles are formed due to the overuse of facial muscles. You use certain muscles when producing facial expressions, such as laughing, frowning, etc. Over time, these muscles are strengthened with overuse, making the creases appear prominently at all times.
Wrinkle relaxers, like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, only treat dynamic wrinkles, aka expression lines.
Neurotoxins are composed of the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A. This is a protein that temporarily prevents nerve endings from communicating with targeted facial muscles. When injected in strategically chosen locations, these wrinkle relaxers paralyze the facial muscles responsible for your dynamic wrinkles. This addresses the root cause of wrinkles and softens expression lines.
The Treatment & Recovery Process
Your neurotoxin treatment will be short, painless, and comfortable. Our aesthetic injectors will discuss your goals and concerns to curate the ideal treatment plan. The chosen neurotoxin formula will be injected into the targeted facial tissues using ultrafine needles. It takes less than five minutes to cover each area.
- Side Effects: You may experience mild redness, swelling, itching, irritation, and discomfort around the treatment sites. The side effects dissipate in a few days.
- Downtime: Wrinkle relaxers don’t involve any downtime — you may resume your daily activities and work immediately. However, you should avoid strenuous activities for 24 hours.
- Onset of Results: The results from wrinkle relaxers start appearing in 3 to 4 days. The results continue improving for a week or two.
- Longevity: The results last for 3 to 4 months, depending on the formula, dosage, and lifestyle. You should get 2 to 3 injections per year to maintain the results.
Contact our Aesthetic Artists Today
JOLI Medispa is a luxurious medical spa where cosmetic science meets artistry. Our certified cosmetic providers are exceptional injectors and cosmetic artists. They curate highly personalized treatment plans to ensure natural, anti-aging results without a trace of cosmetic work. Please schedule an appointment to discuss your options for wrinkle relaxers and Botox in Covington, LA.